FML(A)

by on Monday, March 4, 2013 3:13

ERrrrrrr.

Hi, all. This will be short and sweet since I”m not really feeling up to amusing gifs and clever puns. Here”s the rundown: Went to ER last night because of pelvic pain and swelling accompanied by bad nausea and shaking. After ER doc determined that J-pouch=several surgeries, total colectemy and that total colectemy=NO appendix, he ordered pain, nausea meds, and a CT. CT scan showed Crohn”s flare (no surprise there) and my uterus is inflamed because the fistula. Seems the shit tunnel is active after all. On several strong antibiotics to prevent infection/sepsis and waiting to get in earlier to Cleveland for surgery. Side note: Dr. Shen is the best! He talked to my ER doc last night who was lost in the J-pouch/Crohn”s weeds and told him what to do.

Your fistula is here…

Gave me his cell on a Sunday night so he could help me out. What a guy!!
Tindamax AND cipro for now. Trying to get in to see Remzi sooner but casino online when I called the scheduler and told them Shen wanted me in this week she let out a big laugh. That”s a good sign, right?
Oooh, and I just got fired for being sick. Again. Good times. Too small to be eligible for FMLA.
Surprisingly, don”t feel as bad as I thought I would. Just tired and sore and very swollen in my abdomen/pelvic area. Don”t think it”s hit me 100% mentally.
But have I told you what a great support system ya”ll are? As my friend, Casey, would say, “You get a gold star.”
xoxo

10 Responses to “FML(A)”

Julie says:

March 4th, 2013 at 9:10 pm

So sorry, Lizz. I stumbled on this blog about a month ago and have been amazed at the stories on here. I have UC, but so far it has been under control with just 3 Asacol HD a day, so I know I have nothing to complain about. However, yours and others’ stories have made me take my UC much more seriously than I had previously when I wasn’t too concerned about missing doses or mild flare symptoms, etc. It’s also helped calm what was my worst fear, which was having to have my colon removed. I’ve read enough stories on here to not be so fearful of it if I ever reach that point. But enough about me…Your attitude in your posts is very inspiring, and I will certainly keep you in my prayers for relief and healing asap.

Lizz Reply:

Thank you, sweet Julie, for those very kind words :) I’m sure I speak for the other bloggers when I say I’m thrilled that our stories have helped you in your struggles with IBD. Thank you for the well-wishes and prayers. I’m a big believer in the power of positive thinking. Please continue to take care of yourself and remember to carpe the diem!

Doug says:

March 12th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Liz,

That’s great that Dr. Shen is always available for you. I’ve said this before but you’re attitude is awesome. We’re all just wanting to see you get better.
    take it easy!
    dougl

Lizz Reply:

Thanks, Doug! That’s so nice of you :) I’m looking forward to getting better too! Honestly, I feel pretty okay on the antibiotics and pain pills. I am a little concerned about this uterine inflammation though. That seems pretty random. I will be sure and let you guys know what transpires!

John W says:

March 13th, 2013 at 8:25 am

Hi Lizz,
    I just read this! I hope you’re doing better and have had some progress with corrective surgery. That is awful about FMLA, I had to play the FMLA tight-rope balancing act last year but at least my company was big enough to be held accountable to the Act. Have you had any leads?
    John

Lizz Reply:

Thanks, John! Surgery is scheduled for March 21, so I’m sitting tight on antibiotics and pain meds till then. I’m actually keeping busy with art projects (making jewelry and painting) and duties as the Development Chair for an incredible IBD-related non-profit called Girls With Guts. You should check us out! Here’s my lil’ write-up: http://www.girls-with-guts.org/about-gwg/board-of-directors/
    Unfortunately non of that is making me money, so I’m applying for a work-from-home job until I get well enough for grad school. My goal is to be my own boss since I won’t fire myself for being sick :)
    Thanks again for the well-wishes.

Pam says:

April 1st, 2013 at 7:11 am

Hello Lizzi
    I am home recovering from a recent (March) pouch revision surgery with Dr Remzi. He is an amazing, talented surgeon. I am blessed to have him and Dr Shen on my care team. I cannot say enough about the quality of care at Cleveland. I hope your surgery was a success and you are experiencing a pain free speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing your story.
    I was looking up information about Dr Remzi online and discovered this site. I look forward to reading more about your experiences and other blogs. I have had my jpouch for 17 years and am now facing a Crohn’s diagnosis. I totally agree that positive thinking and prayer is the only way to live with this :)

Lizz Reply:

Thanks, Pam! Great to hear from another CC patient! I would love to talk to you about your experience with the revision if you have time. I too love CC and Shen. I only met Dr. Remzi for about 2 minutes prior to the surgery and talked to him for 5 after, but I’m impressed so far. I’m sorry to hear about your Crohn’s diagnosis. Let me know if you’d like to chat sometime.-Liz

flood cleanup says:

August 8th, 2014 at 10:26 am

It’s remarkable in support of me to have a website, which is good in support of my knowledge.

thanks admin

ปั้มไลค์ says:

September 30th, 2014 at 9:16 pm

It is actually an awesome and also useful little bit of info. Now i’m grateful which you shared this helpful information along with us. Please be people up to date like that. Many thanks for sharing.