Old Married J-pouch Lady!

by on Thursday, June 17, 2010 16:00

Well, my J-pouch and I are now married to a wonderful, fully-coloned man named Rob.   We both have a new last name.  Not sure if the pouch is going to hyphenate or not…

Our knight in shining armor is Rob, who has stuck by us through blockages, twisting guts, and many surgeries. What a guy! Even through all this, he decided he wanted to be with us forever.  Needless to say, I am a blessed lady with a J-pouch.

My life has been far from perfect health-wise, but family-wise, in-law wise, friend wise, I could not be better off.  We had a wonderful weekend with family and friends,  a sunny Portland wedding day, great food, and other than a little arthritis, no IBD problems!

Now, back to the real, non-wedding world, I’m again spending my days on the phone with my insurance company arguing with them about a $500 charge for an x-ray and playing phone tag with my surgeon who just gave me the results of the pouch-o-gram test I had about a month ago.  Basically, it empties slowly and the lining prolapses.  Also, it’s too damn big.  No real surprises there.  He wants to do a pouch exam “under anesthesia” which will be, I believe, the billionth pouch-related medical test I’ve had in the past six months.  I am ready to move on with my life and make some progress.  I remember when I used to be an ambitious young thing.  These days being sick is a full-time gig and if I haven’t lost my ambition completely, I’m fully distracted from it.  I need to come up with a good plan that will allow me to flex my mental muscles and allow me down-time when I need it.  Anyone know of a career like that? Sigh…me neither.  Maybe I can be the first “Real Housewife of J-pouch County.”

9 Responses to “Old Married J-pouch Lady!”

margot sheehan says:

June 18th, 2010 at 10:15 pm

A great pic and a wonderful update!

Eric says:

June 19th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Congrats! Stay positive in the PDX, my favorite (summertime) city!

Mark says:

June 20th, 2010 at 11:44 am

Hi Lizz,

Wonderful News and CONGRATS….And even better to have a sunny day in Portland.

June 21st, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Congrats Lizz! Yeah I’m a little hurt that I wasn’t invited to the wedding. And nor was I given the opportunity to be the wedding band. Whatever, fine, I guess, ugh. Mail me the cake leftovers!
    Congrats!!

June 23rd, 2010 at 8:18 am

Oh sweet irony! I am literally anal retentive.
    After up-teen tests, appears my pelvic floor muscles don’t function properly and/or my anus doesn’t open enough to allow stool to pass. Could possibly have another stricture too. Will find out Friday when I am scoped under general anesthesia and my surgeon tests my muscle function. If he finds strictures, I’ll have strictureplasty. *sigh*

Thao Wadsworth says:

June 25th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Hi friend This is very nice idea LOL. Do u like watch worldcup 2010 ? I love america . How about you friend ? Regards admin of elobing.com

Stephanie Barley says:

January 22nd, 2011 at 1:48 am

That’s so awesome! I was married June 19th, just shortly after you. It’s great having a man that sticks by you through all of this nonsense.

http://www.tsagaming.de/user/?action=user&id=9878 says:

October 13th, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Hi Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web page on a regular basis,
    if so then you will definitely get fastidious knowledge.

as.tn says:

May 12th, 2015 at 12:09 am

Being aware that exactly what to determine and also precise
    cuts will keep the primary difference whenever setting up starting point board.