Colston Thomas Mills

by on Saturday, March 27, 2010 22:30
This entry is filed under: Family

Dear fellow Jpouch.net readers, hello and how are you? I know you don’t know my full story and I apologize. It’s mainly because I’m too lazy to type it all up that you haven’t seen a complete posting from me. If you’ve stuck around long enough, you’ve seen my hernia (which is still there), you know that I keep track of numbers, that I’m healthy again and like to ride bikes, and that I’m the guy behind the pouchoscopy entry on Wikipedia. But you don’t know that I spent most of 2008 in the hospital (or at least it felt like that) or the specific circumstances surrounding my bout with Ulcerative Colitis. I promise to write that all up for you soon. In the meantime, drumroll…

I’m a father!

So welcome to world baby Mills. His name is Colston Thomas Mills, born on 3/6/2010, he was 8 pounds 7 ounces (big!) and he’s perfect. Like Mark and Megan’s joke about the bowels, I have a bit of concern for the future of his colon. But, just in case you’re wondering, it’s working really well right now, and he has some fantastic pressure in both ends of his plumbing!

There was a time when I couldn’t lay on my left side because it aggravated my Colitis too much. 4, count them, FOUR years of my life I couldn’t sleep on my left side. Take that, Colitis! Here I am asleep with the little guy. Sleeping with him (on my left side!) is my new favorite activity.

I promise a full story of my Colitis, waiting too long to get it treated, surgery, and recovery. For now, though, please join me in welcoming our baby to the world.

You see, it gets better, I promise.

7 Responses to “Colston Thomas Mills”

Jamie says:

March 28th, 2010 at 8:38 am

Congrats! Baby Mills is so beautiful! I wish you and your family every happiness!

Mark says:

March 28th, 2010 at 9:39 am

Welcome to world Colston! I’m so glad you all are doing well and everyone is healthy. It is always so wonderful to see jpouchers’ moving on with life and having wonderful experiences like bringing home Colston. Congrats to you Eric and your family :)

March 28th, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Super huge congrats!!!

Jackie Z. says:

April 3rd, 2010 at 12:34 pm

This makes me smile.

online shopping says:

August 21st, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog
    posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site.
    Studying this information So i am happy to exhibit that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I found out just
    what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make
    certain to don?t disregard this website and
    give it a look regularly.

seo says:

May 19th, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your
    site. It appears as though some of the text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please
    comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a problem with my internet browser
    because I’ve had this happen previously. Many thanks

laser hair removal treatment says:

July 26th, 2016 at 3:25 am

laser hair removal treatment

Jpouch Life: Stories of Colitis, Crohn’s, IBD, Ostomy, Ileostomy & J-Pouch Surgery from around the world