Dave Barry’s Insight into the Colonoscopy

by on Friday, July 3, 2009 14:36
This entry is filed under: humor
Dave Barry's Colonoscopy Certificate

Dave Barry's Colonoscopy Certificate

Everyone’s favorite humor columnist, Dave Barry, has a great piece on Colonoscopies that a co-worker recently dug up and sent to Brevin. Too long to reproduce here, there are some highlights that I’m sure we all can relate to (especially in the case of his hospital descriptions). Since I was in the hospital 47,000 times last year, and I work as a web consultant for that hospital — I have to go to meetings there, too, eek — these are my favorite parts:

At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood and totally agreed with whatever the hell the forms said. Then they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those hospital garments designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you put it on, makes you feel even more naked than when you are actually naked.

Check out the full article over at the Miami Herald where you can download and print your very own Dave Barry Colonoscopy Certificate (displayed above),  and happy 4th everyone!

5 Responses to “Dave Barry’s Insight into the Colonoscopy”

July 3rd, 2009 at 2:40 pm

So awesome… brain hurts… from reading it… again… ngh… must print… erg… certificate on … work printer … poster size…

Robert C. Unseld says:

March 25th, 2010 at 10:17 am

I had postphoned getting a colonoscopy due to fear of the unknown and modesty for almost two years. The thought of being sedated and allowing a physician to penetrate my anus with a tube created a great deal of anxiety for me.

I finally went through the process by taking the recommended laxatives. The following morning, I was in the clinic to fill out the paper work and make a co-pay on the insurance. The reality of this hit me as I took off my clothes and put on a gown. There was no turning back on this.

After waking up from the sedation, I was surprised to learn that the ordeal was over. I look foward to having my next colonoscopy and would like to hear from others about their experiences.

Ouida Herrling says:

June 23rd, 2012 at 2:25 am

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own web site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.

Kendall says:

February 10th, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Thanks so much for this awesome info.

Tyree says:

February 12th, 2015 at 11:18 am

usually posts some very exciting stuff like this. If you