Gas after 1 step surgery

by on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 13:01
Men's bathroom sign at playground in Bangkok, Thailand by EyalNow

Men's bathroom sign at playground in Bangkok, Thailand by EyalNow

We’ve recently had Christine and Ricardo post some comments. Ricardo on March 17 had 1-step surgery due to FAP. So he bypassed having the stoma and went straight to using the jpouch. He is having some gas and pain.

Has anyone had the 1 step and experienced this type of pain and gas about 2 weeks after surgery. And does anyone (1, 2 or 3 steppers) have any advice for Ricardo on what the gas and pain might be related to?

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Gas after 1 step surgery”

Jamie says:

April 1st, 2009 at 9:07 am

I had jpouch creation and takedown in 1 step so i too started using my jpouch right after it was created. I was told that 1 step patients and quasi-1 step patients like myself tend to have more problems with gas post-op as there has been more trauma all at once than there would be with a 3 step. I would say my gas pains (which were very painful) were the worst from about day 5 post op – 3.5 weeks post op. Every time i ate, i would get terrible gas pains about 2.5 hours later. Are you able to pass gas? I wasn’t always able in which case i intibated the pouch (catheter up your bottom which was something they were doing in the hospital) which allowed the air to release. Then, the gas suddenly approved around week 4. Now i am 5 weeks post op and i don’t really have gas pains anymore and can pass gas fully on my own. The gas pains will get better in time as your body learns to adjust to its new plumbing. I used heat pads, ate low fiber, binding foods, and drank warm beverages which all seemed to help during this adjustment period. Good Luck!

Christine Chavez says:

April 1st, 2009 at 10:18 am

Thank you Jamie, Ricardo really needed to hear he wasn’t alone and this wasn’t something uncommon, he is in extreme pain when the gas pain hits but he stopped taking metamucil by doctor’s orders and is also using a heating pad, walking, etc. well hopefully it passes like you in a couple of weeks or so. He also didn’t start to have the gas pains until around day 8 and once we had already left the hospital, so it was surprising to him how bad the pain was and he was nervous of how much pain he was in. Thanks again.

Megan says:

April 7th, 2009 at 8:25 am

Hey Christine and Ricardo, On jpouch.org post I’ve put the link here, another FAP one-stepper is having similiar symptoms as Ricardo. I thought the info might be hellpful http://j-pouch.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9151071921/m/93110017?r=52310937#52310937

best cross trainer online says:

May 16th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Hi all, I recently found your blog post through The search engines whilst buying similar subject, your site got here way up, it seems like fantastic. I’ve combined with my own favorites|included with my own book marking.

dunnage beyonce box braids says:

August 17th, 2014 at 8:22 pm

However, whatever ready made bait you favour, it is a fact that you can create even more potent baits using a
    totally new level of knowledge and the reasons for you being able
    to defeat any ready made bait are endless. Presently
    there are lots of stunning places which includes the Wroxham Boat Hire that
    is the top sailing region. You will catch red fish, spotted sea
    trout, pompano, snook, mangrove snapper, Spanish mackerel, small black-tip
    sharks, small bonnet sharks, sheephead & in cooler weather the odd
    king mackerel.

sextoys pas cher says:

September 14th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

The good news is that finding a libido enhancer for women does not require a trip to the drug store, although some of the items her partner may want to try can be found there. ‘ The variants they could choose between were the following: 1) during the intercourse with my sexual partner, 1) during masturbation, 3) using other sex methods like (oral sex, anal sex, and group sex), 4) using different sex toys (dildos,vibrators, etc. The simplest solution here is to change all the clocks and watches in the house, hey presto, your right on time.

lubricantes lubricante says:

December 10th, 2014 at 6:08 am

Thanks for any other informative website. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in such a perfect means? I have a venture that I’m just now running on, and I have been at the look out for such info.