Abby’s Update: Cryptitis and a Defocography Study

by on Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:40

Here’s the latest for me: We had ended my weekly dilations on February 13th, but the following week things got bad for me again. I have these symptoms that my surgeon is having a hard time figuring out. 1) I can’t control my straining when I have BM’s and my body does this type of heaving thing – very painful; 2) I have pain in my lower abdomen near my pelvic bone; 3) When I have BM’s they burn; 4) I run a low-grade temp (99.5-100); 5) The frequency of my BM’s increases; and 6) My joints in my hands and feet ache. (I think my UC is flaring in my rectum, together with some nerve problems with my pouch – we’ll see . . . )

So on February 20th my surgeon did a biopsy of my rectum and of my j-pouch and dilated the opening to my pouch one more time (for good measure because she was already in there). She also started me on a five day course of Cipro (which I ALWAYS feel better when I take Cipro, which I think is sort of telling about what’s going on). I did feel better until just a few days after I stopped the Cipro and then the symptoms began again.

The results of the biopsy showed that I do not have pouchitis, but that I do have cryptisis in my rectum. I don’t know much about cryptitis at all. My surgeon told me to start doing the nightly mesalamine enemas again, so I am. I’m going to see her for a follow-up appointment tomorrow (the 4th – my birthday!). The only difference I’m noticing with the nightly enemas is that my joints don’t hurt any more at night, which is a good thing. The rest of the symptoms are still there (though the fever thing hasn’t been an issue lately).

I am also scheduled to have a defocography study done on March 27th because my surgeon believes there may be some nerve damage or something in my pouch. Has anyone had a defocography study done before? Apparently they put barium in me and then take x-rays of me while I’m having a bowel movement. I’ll let you know how that goes and what it’s like. I believe my surgeon said that if there is nerve damage that is causing the pain and problems when I have BM’s, that she would need to go in and revise my j-pouch. That would mean a temporary ileostomy for me for a while until the revisions healed. She said there would also be a possibility that the pouch revisions wouldn’t work and I would end up with a permanent ileostomy.

Emotionally I’m hanging in there. The pain is pretty tough to deal with on a daily basis. Depression has reared its ugly head once again for me. So I’ve started seeing a psychiatrist on a weekly basis for meds and counseling, which has been incredibly helpful to me. I’m still hopeful that j-pouch life will work for me! There are just more issues to sort through than I anticipated. Time can’t go by fast enough when you’re trying to find answers either! (Although tomorrow I turn 34, so I’m actually hoping time will slow down just a little bit for me!)

-Abby

24 Responses to “Abby’s Update: Cryptitis and a Defocography Study”

Redheadedmama says:

March 4th, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Hi Abby! I’m sorry to hear you are still having so much trouble. Have you seen a GI about the problems you are experiencing? A GI may have a different take on things than your surgeon (might also help to get a second opinion). If you feel better on the Cipro, why doesn’t the surgeon prescribe a longer course of it? My GI recently put me on month long course of Cipro to treat what he thinks may be pouchitis (no invasive testing necessary!). My symptoms were all very similar to what you were describing and I feel so much better on the Cipro (I’m terrified about what is going to happen when I have to go off it this week!). Of course, I’m not a doctor, but why are they doing all these invasive and stressful tests when Cipro seems to resolve the symptoms? Just some food for thought . . . Great idea about the psychiatrist too. Best of luck!

Megan says:

March 5th, 2009 at 7:39 am

Abby, well, happy late birthday! Sorry I didn’t check in sooner, we’ve had a crazy week here in Georgia with snow and all sorts of chaos.
    W
    ow, this sounds terribly challenging, you’ve had so many issues – so many. If you haven’t already you should visit http://www.jpouch.org and post your symptoms there, Jan Dollar or someone else may be able to provide some more advice that is medically relevant. But I do agree with our Red Headed Mama that you should talk with a GI, does seem like a lot of test if in the past Cipro helped. Also, sorry that the depression is back, somewhat to be expected considering the challenges you are continuing to experience. Have you read the book the Power of Now by Eckart Tolle, I know that book was really helpful for me in some really hard spots in my life when everything was so huge, it taught me to regroup and deal more with the moment. Keep us posted! Megan

Abby says:

March 9th, 2009 at 9:33 am

I do have an appointment with my GI today in fact. He’s just a very in demand person and I can never get in to see him when I need him (which I will talk to him about today too!). When I went for my now bi-weekly dilation (that’s progress right? not weekly, but bi-weekly?!) on Friday my surgeon scoped my pouch and said that I have pouchitis. I’ve been on the Cipro for a few days now and really feel a lot better. I’m beginning to know what symptoms are associated with what issues now – (blood, gas, rectum pressure – UC; straining during BM’s – dilation; pelvic pain – pouchitis) and that helps me feel a little more empowered.
    My surgeon did put me on a three week course of Cipro since I told her I noticed I feel better when I’m on it. And sure enough – I’m feeling better again!! It makes me so happy to know that I can have days where I’m practically pain free (for some reason I feel like Mary Poppins when I write that)!! Thank you so much for you all your continued support. You all mean so much to me. And I will check out that book – thanks!
    Abby

Mairead says:

March 10th, 2009 at 5:16 am

Hello Abby, I was on-line checking into what a video defocography entails because I am scheduled to have one on March 23. I’m anxious about it, I was diagnosed with cauda equine syndrome in 1998 and have been suffering many of your same symptoms ever since. I feel like I live at the Dr’s. Do you have any words of wisdom for me? When is yours scheduled for, same day-I think. You can’t really tell me anything if thats the case, but my thoughts will be with you anyway.

Abby says:

March 10th, 2009 at 9:57 am

Hello Mairead, I wish I had more information for you! Perhaps you will have to be the one telling me what to expect. My defocography study is scheduled for the 27th, though there’s still some question about whether the equipment will be here in time for my appointment or not. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I’ll be sending you positive thoughts as well! -Abby

Jenelle says:

March 11th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Hi Abby,

I wanted to say kudos to you for bringing up counselling and mental health surrounding such chronic illness. I think it’s important for people to realize that those options are available if the need arises, and seeking help for things outside of your physical health is just as relevant — we need overall health, not just a healthy body!

Jenelle

michael says:

April 12th, 2009 at 6:11 pm

My wife is having similar problems to those that Abby describes, so we’d be very interested to hear an update. She had her take down in 12/08, was doing fine until early 2/09, then had an ileus, putting her in the hospital for a week. Now has the same difficulty with movements as Abby describes (burning, cramping, up to 14 per day). We have the defocography this week. No one has suggested a dilation but perhaps that will come after the study. Our surgeon did not do the original surgery. The new doc (old one retired) does not like the ileorectal anastomosis, preferring the ileoanal, so we’re afraid he’ll suggest surgery to revise the pouch or perhaps will tell us we have to go back to an ileostomy. My wife much prefers a working pouch but life is pretty miserable right now.
    Thanks.

przetarg says:

March 24th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Joint Bank Loan Software Recommendations How To Find The Dollars Owed To You Small Time Period Installment Mortgage

olej z czarnego kminku opinie says:

April 23rd, 2014 at 5:41 pm

koenzym q10 opinie. What Omega-3 Fatty Acid And Coq10 Can Try To Keep
    Your Heart Healthy

części do ciągników rolniczych says:

May 9th, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue with your site in web explorer, could check this?
    IE still is the marketplace chief and a good component to other people will
    omit your wonderful writing because of this problem.

biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz konopnickiej says:

May 22nd, 2014 at 1:45 pm

9) Google analytics and webmaster tools: Make Google analytics
    account to track your visitors. 5) Install a SEO plugin:
    An effective helps you to increase website visitors.

They believe that images give users the best experience and will
    rank sites higher that contain images and have them optimized.

biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz says:

June 9th, 2014 at 3:05 am

Wskazówka dla prowadzenie świeże, nawet jeśli ciała jest starzenie, jest zawsze zachować rozumienie.
    Więcej o gra most, korzystania PC, ogród,
    stolarka lub co może chcieli odkrycia poprzedni w Twoje
    życie ale nie trzymać czas i energię, aby zrobić.
    wraz z młodzież są opracowała, już nie mieć powodu z nie
    mając Godzina do zwiedzanie te nowe Działalność z zrozumienie.
    W żaden sposób nie umożliwić Mózg pobyt nieproduktywne!

biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz Wypalanie przesłuchanie swoje jak starsze
    może wystąpić tak powoli że po prostu,
    prawna to na początku. Nawet tak, to konieczne mieć przesłuchanie być oczywiste jak to jest
    możliwe,. To dlatego, słaba słuchać może które wpływają na Twój emocjonalny
    i społeczne zdrowie. Jeśli nie możesz Kontakt, będziesz przegapić rozmowy
    a być bardziej społecznie oddzielone, która może zostawić Ci uczucie
    zestresowany. Więc nie odłożyć obchodzić się słyszalność ogólny stan zdrowia.
    biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz Aspiryna na dzień
    pomaga utrzymać lekarz w zatoce, oraz pomóc Ci spadek niebezpieczeństwo zdarzenie sercowe
    na dłużej codzienności. W Stany Zjednoczone Centrum
    Powiązania teraz adwokaci minimalna – dawka Osób cierpiących którzy mogą mieć opętany przed zdarzenie sercowe, było się
    wysokiej Ryzyko sesje dla atak serca, i tych, które mieć niestabilny angina.

porozmawiać z lekarzy garnitury ty do kierowania rozszerzony życia.
    biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz fantastyczny propozycja dla zdrowsze starzeje jest
    do Zobacz swoje medycznego często. Twój osobisty lekarz stanowi sam
    Cel jak – starając system w optymalnej ogólny stan zdrowia.
    Przez znalezienie czasu do uzyskania regularne Sprawdzanie Ups, to jest możliwe
    zazwyczaj Znajdź małe Problemy zdrowotne przed rozwinąć się dużych ogromne problemy zdrowotne.
    Jest to również ważne, że jesteś harmonogram typowe oko i Egzaminy
    ustne również. biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz Ciała z najlepszym sposobem zestaw to używając
    Płyta. “budowa ciała” żadnej wino opis jak duży wina jest.
    Wiele razy, to koreluje również razem z alkoholu informacje z pełniejsze mocny wino zawierającym dużo więcej alkoholikiem
    napoje niż zwykle lżejsze wino. bulkier przepisy należy połączeniu z pełna mocny wino, jako mniej ciężkie vino idzie
    szansa aromatyzowane wodnisty kiedy połączeniu z coś podobnego do
    obfitym steku. biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz wybulić specyficzna uwagę
    program dieta. Jak masz Stare, trzeba skupić się na kim jesteś, które dużo więcej bardzo dokładnie.
    wyważony program odchudzania jest koniecznie nadal utrzymywać jak
    zdrowy i stymulowane jak można. Spróbuj jeść 5 porcje z warzywa i
    owoce, i 3 części z pełnoziarniste . Limit spożycie
    tłuszczu paliwa do nie więcej niż 30 % z własnego reżim
    diety. Focus on wyrafinowana cukry, na przykład ryż na zewnątrz pełnoziarniste pieczywo i owies posiłek.
    koniec, pić dużo wody. biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz W przypadku jesteś nadal palenie papierosów,
    zrezygnować teraz! Palenie papierosów rzadko zdrowe, ale to dużo więcej
    ważne Przystanek jak Era. Używanie tytoniu zmniejsza
    kolagenu Twojej skóry powodując rapid linie i zmarszczki.
    palenie papierosów może być prosto podobne do wzrosła niebezpieczeństwa związane z problemów kardiologicznych i odmiany
    raka, jak również zagrożenia tylko rozkwitać jak się starzejemy.
    Daj się teraz, bez względu na to, co rzeczywisty wiek, do pomoc całe ciało posiadać zdrowsze proces
    starzenia się. biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz powinieneś być obejmującym konkretnego epoki i pewien w
    sprawie sposób założyć makijaż w idealne sposób upewnij się, korzystać z makijaż specjaliści na twoje lokalnych sklep Dział.
    Wybierz marka to garnitury ty i rzucać sobie dół z
    kanapy z bardzo właściwy – polowanie produkty do makijażu pochwał.
    Będą zachwycony do zaoferowania mnóstwo bezpłatne pomocne porady na Najprostszym sposobem przynieść Twój “teraz” elegancja się.
    Nie ważne, czy kupisz ich pozycji lub w inny
    sposób jest zupełnie do ciebie, jednak Modernizacja oraz
    doradztwo mogą i jeden masz aby pomóc utrzymać. biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz Wina może być chronione.
    Po kompletne picia w słoik za to godziny wieczorne, Zamknij to backup i przechowywać w lodówce to.
    wino powinno najlepsze dla dotyczących Czas. Jeżeli jesteś
    pozostaw się w pokoju|miejsce temperatura, niemniej, to
    by ostatecznie pójść straszne ponieważ bakterie może opracowania.
    Istnieją nie definitywna regulamin w sprawie rozszerzony wino jest idealny dla,
    więc używać swojego podniebienia będziesz wykończone cieszyć.
    biuro rachunkowe bydgoszcz Pair pikantne wyżywienie na słodkie wina napojów.
    Szczególnie z wysoka temperatura Indyjska rodzimych produkty żywnościowe, powinieneś zostać z
    wyschły biały kolorowe i czerwonawy kolorowe napoje wina co
    może być wspaniały. Fantastyczna par włączenia Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer i Riesling.
    Jeśli zdecydujesz Riesling, try zmierzasz niemiecka marka bo ich zwiększył poziom kwasowości nie dokonać
    słodycz wydaje jak oczywiste,. Te wina działają jak podniebienia środki czyszczące pomóc
    cieszyć się pikanterii z obiad.

mebledoprzedpokoju.com says:

June 21st, 2014 at 5:24 am

It’s remarkable to visit this web site and reading the views of all mates concerning this post, while I
    am also keen of getting knowledge. click
    to read, mebledoprzedpokoju.com, szafki na buty

neue badeanzüge 2014 says:

June 23rd, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Jeśli jesteś pomiędzy między zamki spotkania, i wymaga do ukrycia Początki, ciemny stosowanie na ciemny brunetki czupryna i
    rzadkiego metalu wzrok zamki! Nikt nie doskonale oczywiście, jeśli
    już rozpisanych Twój włosy salon kosmetyczny konsultacje zbyt wcześniej żeby uratować pochodzenie z
    pokazując, pamiętaj, aby odświeżyć je niedbale o prawidłowo kolorowe
    mix czupryna sprayu i odcienie blond z proszek do ukryć ci Początki
    aż widać Twoja stylista! Jeśli jesteś zamki nominacje, i wymaga pokrycie korzenie niektórych, czarniawy na czarny
    tusz do rzęs brunetki włosy i rzadkiego metalu wzrok czupryna!

Nikt doskonale gdy w przypadku już mianowany włosy salon kosmetyczny
    konsultacje zbyt wiele wcześniej zapisać pochodzenie z
    pokazując, szczotka je niedbale o prawidłowo przyciemniane seryjnej zamki sprayu
    i odcienie blond z proszek do przebranie ci pochodzenie aż do czasu, zauważysz, Twoja stylista!

change.org says:

June 27th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Do Era wdziękiem, pamiętać składa się z Bezpieczeństwo w swoim życiu.
    Przez dodanie podstawowe bezpieczeństwo początkowa, możesz poprawić swoje szanse z lifestyle dłuższych.
    Będziesz także stać mieszkania przykładem aby twój dzieci i wnuki to Bezpieczeństwo zagadnienia.
    Zawsze sukienka w swój pas bezpieczeństwa| pasy bezpieczeństwa podczas jazdy w samochodzie.
    Wear Ochrona głowy kiedy jazdy. Używać dym papierosowy Czujniki w
    domu i zmienia jej agregaty często. Według jedynie wykorzystanie wyrok dźwięku, możesz spadek niebezpieczeństwo wypadki, która
    może szkody całe ciało jak i wynik w umiera. homesite
    (change.org) Kombajny hot artykuły spożywcze na dość słodkie wina napojów.
    Szczególnie z temperatura Język indian wyżywienie, trzeba
    będzie wyschły biały kolorowe i kolorze czerwonym
    wina które są wspaniały. Niektóre bardzo ładne par składa się z
    Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer i Riesling. Jeśli zdecydujesz Riesling, próba Korzystanie marka gdyż ich większe poziom kwasowości nie
    sprawiają słodycz wydają jak oczywiste.

Te wina praca w podniebienia środki czyszczące pomóc cieszyć się pikanterii z
    obiad. related website (community.spiceworks.com) Toksyny
    są destrukcyjne po wyroby utworzona jak twój całe
    ciało nawróceni jedzenie i powietrza do witalność. Głównie
    dlatego, że kontrolą wszystkie te wolne rodniki, przeciwutleniacze ziołowe może
    pomóc jesteś poradzić sobie z wyniki z starzenie.
    Zasoby dla przeciwutleniacze są świeże owoce, zieloni, i ziarno.
    Borówki, jeżyny, brokuły, szpinak|i zielony szpinak Kapusta są zwłaszcza
    ciemnych artykuły spożywcze zwykle mają zwiększył ilość przeciwutleniacze.

go to these guys (www.scribd.com) Wypłata specyficzna
    skupić się na dieta planu. Jak rosną starszy, trzeba skupić
    się na kim jesteś, spożywanie znacznie bardziej skrupulatnie.
    wyważony nawyki żywieniowe są konieczne zawsze jak zdrowe i napięciem jak to możliwe.
    Spróbuj jeść 5 porcje z warzywa i owoce, i 3 porcje z pełnoziarniste .
    Zmniejszenie spożycie tłuszczu paliwa do najwyżej 30 procent z Program
    dieta. Skoncentruj się na wyrafinowana węglowodanów żywności,
    w tym dzikie całe ziarna pszenicy bochenki chleba i owies posiłek.
    Ostatni, ale nie najmniej, dostać dużo płynów.

click the next website page (pinterest.com) najlepsze i definitywna najtańszy metoda zmniejszyć rano wzrok obrzęk używa mokre
    bawełniane bale thatbyou zostały wprowadzone w lodówka!
    Zasadniczo moczyć naturalna bawełna kulki pod Bieganie kran lub użyj butelkowanej wody powinien twój kran Cechy
    wiele Pop im w tworzywa sztucznego torba i sklep detaliczny je w
    lodówki. może przyjść wcześnie rano
    gdy twój oko są 50% zamknięte i opuchnięte, te
    mroźny bawełniane naturalne działa błyskawiczne magia!

sources tell me (http://nl.netlog.com/ortega_brian/blog) Po
    prostu dlatego, będziesz wskazują powinieneś tylko usiąść i spokojnie.
    Aby utrzymać zdrowie i dobre samopoczucie, trzeba nadal jest
    jak produktywne jak to możliwe,. Oczywiście, można ewentualnie w stanie wyjść i wyścig obrębie maraton, jednak, ty nadal włączenia Proces do ciebie codzienne czynności To naprawdę jest zalecane że po prostu include przynajmniej pół godziny
    z ćwiczenia każdego dnia. można ewentualnie może podjąć – 15-minutowy
    spacery chodzić 2 razy dziennie. Motocykle od, że nieaktualna motocykl
    i mają wycieczka okrągły Społeczność. Recommended Internet page
    (myblog.de) desygnowany ktoś do obsługi waszych spraw w przypadku, gdy się rosnąć ubezwłasnowolniona.
    Jeśli coś zdarza i nie są w stanie opieki dla własnych personelem zdrowie, wybrać że wola
    rozważyć ładunek osoby wybory do własnych potrzeb.
    Porozmawiaj z nimi o Jakie rodzaje zakończone. Nie można
    ustalić, czy musisz opieka medyczna proxy, ale jeden w spot tylko w przypadku,.
    To ciężko kontemplować rzeczy jak to jeszcze jest
    sensowne zorganizować dla tego typu ewentualność,
    nie ważne czy młody czy stary. Suggested Browsing, skup148.hubpages.com, Najbardziej wiele osób Średnio przeciętny jeden witaminy
    lub inny, ale witaminy że większość folks, szczególnie tych, które są które starzeje Don ‘t dostać odpowiedniej ilości jest Suplement
    D. Suplement D pomaga Twoja wewnętrzny wellness wraz z dobrze – po prostu
    bycie, aby wiek pięknie, zacząć od coraz mały codziennie , najlepszy pomysł źródło
    Wartości odżywcze D. Jest to również odpowiednie do uzupełnienie zdrowia z produkty żywnościowe bogate Suplement
    D jak również Suplementy witaminowe. click
    the up coming internet site, skup148.hubpages.com, To jest rzeczywiście w żaden sposób przeszłości zbyt daleko zrezygnować używania tytoniu dla by móc powolne
    starzeje. palenie papierosów nie po prostu poprawia niebezpieczeństwo
    o rak płuc i rozedma płuc, jest związana liczne rodzaje
    raka odmian raka, choroby sercowo-, i zmniejszona odporność na choroba.
    trzeba powiedzieć, Ponadto prowadzi horrible wpływ na
    skóra. Przez rzucić palenie, proces starzenia
    może być że może i a może i będziesz Zwiększenie życie codzienne długość.
    Suggested Internet site – http://www.43things.com/person/skup200 – Dla
    Easy czyste smugi-, darmo wyniki, złuszczają skóry
    -Tanner osobistej. zmarła, sucha skóra może spowodować siebie Tanner wchłonąć nierównomiernie.
    To może spowodować smug, plam i obszarach kolor które
    są ciemniejsze niż powinny być. Jesteś w stanie wyeliminowania to dotyczyć
    Twój warstwa skóry zanim wdrożenie własny Tanner.
    Przez usuwania martwe komórki skóry, pomogą upewnić się,
    że Twój własny garbarza absorbuje równomiernie i oferty
    że po prostu wspaniały, bezpłatne promieniowanie .

discount says:

September 4th, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the structure of your site?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
    people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

jęczmień młody|jęczmień zielony|młody jęczmień na odchudzanie|młody zielony jęczmień|zielony jęczmień|zielony jęczmień na odchudzanie says:

May 12th, 2015 at 7:05 am

wonderful post, very informative. I ponder why the
    opposite specialists of this sector do not notice this.

You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you’ve a
    great readers’ base already!

Nikole says:

October 9th, 2015 at 5:20 pm

In this satellite of the total cost of the buy-in,
    rebuy and the add-on is $ 31. Because like other addicts, gamblers become desperate to feed their addiction and often resort to illegal activities to
    accomplish this. The occasional English channel was going
    on and on about the local Indian news and
    all sounded like bubble to me.

Mariusz says:

November 4th, 2015 at 7:28 am

Zdrowie jest waże i dziękuję za mądry wpis.
    Mariusz http://forskolina.com.pl/#

zone 18 says:

November 12th, 2015 at 11:22 am

So play today’s high school girls at house parties

safety tips for pets at christmas says:

November 12th, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Hi there every one, here every one is sharing
    these kinds of familiarity, so it’s good to read this blog, and I used to visit this weblog all the
    time.

indianmoviemania.com says:

November 12th, 2015 at 7:21 pm

I’m crazy about this web site. I have visited this web site so many times.
    I found this site on the internet. I have received a
    good stuff of information. Many thanks.

cellulite firming lotion says:

November 12th, 2015 at 11:36 pm

My brother suggested I would possibly like this
    website. He was totally right. This submit actually made my day.
    You can not consider just how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

la milu says:

November 21st, 2015 at 5:03 am

Genialnie napisane cieszę się, że udało mi się trafić na tak dobrze opracowany serwis.