2nd Surgery in One Week!

by on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 14:54

Hey Guys-

So my 2nd surgery is coming up pretty fast. It is one week from tomorrow (March 4th). I can’t believe how fast time has gone since my 1st one. I’m not really nervous this one at all, and I’m almost excited, because I know after I get this one, I only have one more to go and then I can be done with all this! =)

Also, as some of you may know, my partner of 2 1/2 years left me a month ago, recently after my first surgery. I don’t know if he was open enough to tell me he couldn’t handle it all, but I figured it was that anyways. Unfortunately we are still living together, because I am on his insurance. And I also have to be nice to him, because I feel that if I’m a jerk (like a wanna be), he holds my future health in his hands and he could drop me off his insurance any time. So now I’m rushing to get through these surgeries before our lease is up, so we don’t have t0 sign a new one so I can keep the insurance. It’s all very frustrating, but I know it will be over soon and I will be happy and healthy in a matter of months and able to find someone that can love me for who I am (no intestine and all!).

My 3rd surgery should be sometime in May and I’m excited for that, because I will then have my bag off in time for summer and I can finally start excerising again and get back into shape. As of now, my plan is to do a trip of Europe. I got sick right out of college, so I never really had any time that I had no commitments. But now, I have no school yet (I plan on continuing grad school in 2010), I have no career (just a part-time job at a restaurant), and I have no relationship to hold me back. My life is totally open and I have the entire world in front of me to do anything I want. But planning this trip is crazy, so if anyone has any ideas of where I should go and what I should do, please let me know. I plan on going for at least 3 weeks, so I can have plenty of time to do alot.

9 Responses to “2nd Surgery in One Week!”

Cougar says:

February 25th, 2009 at 4:09 am

Wow, what a cool person you sound like. I find myself really pulling for you and thinking that you are going to do very well and have a happy future. You can bet there are guys out there who will love to meet a neat person like you to share the joys and challenges of life with. If I could recommend a possible destination for your trip to Europe, I would suggest to check out the Cinque Terre region of the Italian Mediterranean coast, specifically Vernazza. There are five tiny, picturesque, cliff-side villages connected together by trails, a train track and small boats, but not a highway or even a road. Sunny and not-too-crowded or hot September is a wonderul time to visit. Have a fabulous life! – Cougar

Jenelle says:

February 25th, 2009 at 6:31 am

Good luck with the impending surgery! I just wanted to say that I had a long-ish time between surgeries 1 and 2 and went back to the gym in that time (running, weights, yoga). The ostomy was only a mild hinderence, definitely manageable.

February 25th, 2009 at 1:01 pm

I too worked out a lot with the bag! Dropping all the Prednisone weight was hugely inspiring, so I did aerobics, walking, weights, dance, yoga, pretty much anything! You sort of just have to make up your mind to ignore it.

Abby says:

February 25th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Janelle,
    So I’m really curious, how did you manage to do yoga with an ostomy? That was one thing that I just couldn’t even try when I had mine. I have this fear that with the complications I’m having now I will end up with a permanent ostomy, so I’m trying to prepare myself mentally for that – and not being able to do yoga is one of the things I would want to be able to do. Did you have any secrets to doing yoga with an ostomy? Thanks so much for sharing.

Abby

February 27th, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Actually, if you guys don’t mind, can you share your work out routines in a new post of some sort? Tips, the do’s, the dont’s, etc. I’m very curious about this as well : )

Jenelle says:

March 1st, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Hi Abby & Brevin,

I’ll put together a post on this ASAP.

Jenelle

web page says:

April 2nd, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Exceptional post but I was wanting to know if you could write
    a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
    Bless you!

Norine says:

April 27th, 2014 at 11:59 pm

I am just getting to grips with SEO, I was surprised by how it was so hands-on-luckily I had a few useful blogs
    though

shopping blog says:

February 17th, 2015 at 11:03 am

Very rapidly this website will be famous amid all blogging users,
    due to it’s nice articles or reviews