Getting Healthy Story #2 – Chelsea

by on Saturday, June 7, 2008 16:50
This entry is filed under: permanent ileostomy

Here is the recent post from a young woman who literally has been to hell and back with her UC, failed jpouch and now perm ileo.  The brilliant thing about this post is that in the face of all her health issues, she has found renewed health and she is a true inspiration story.   Let us explain, having a permanent ileostomy is worst case scenario for a “failed” j-pouch, and when you read things like this, it helps you to remember that a perm ileo will give you your life back.

According to CCFA only:

“About eight to ten percent of patients will have pouch failure, which requires removal of the pouch and conversion to a permanent ileostomy.”

8 Responses to “Getting Healthy Story #2 – Chelsea”

Kristin says:

June 13th, 2008 at 3:36 am

Hello!

Permanent ileostomate here who stumbled upon your blog through WordPress Tag Surfing.
    I’m a Crohnie that was originally diagnosed with UC, and I had a jpouch for about 4 years before going back to the ostomy.

Thanks getting the word out…and thanks for recognizing that a failed jpouch is not the end of the world. Although mine was unsuccessful, I’d still encourage anyone with UC to try it once the time is right.

Best,
    Kristin

mdhilton says:

June 14th, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Hi Kristin,
    Great to hear from you! Yes, we think it is so important to acknowledge that jpouches can fail, but if it does that living with a perm ileo is hardly a bad scenario. I found having my temp ileo was serving the purpose of teaching me that if I ever needed a perm ileo it wouldn’t be bad. I felt great with ileo and I was able to live so normally. We watched your video on your site about CD/UC awareness and walk, what a great cause.
    Mark

BILL says:

August 10th, 2009 at 9:11 am

NICE TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING WELL. 18 YRS AGO I HAD J POUCH OPERATION. THERE WAS HEAVY BLEEDING DURING AND AFTER SURGERY REQUIRING AN IMMEDIATE 2ND OPERATION TO FIND BLEEDER. THIS CAUSED ALOT OF BLOOD CLOTTING THAT EVENTUALLY PASSED THROUGH THE POUCH. THIS CAUSED IT TO BECOME SCARRED AND WOULD NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY. HAD A TAKE DOWN AND THEN SPENT 5 WEEKS IN PURE HELL HOPING IT WOULD WORK RIGHT. I THEN GAVE IN AND HAD A PERM ILEOSTOMY. TOLD SURGEON TO TAKE OUT POUCH WHILE IN THERE. HE TALKED ME OUT OF IT AND LEFT IT IN. SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD SERIOUS POUCHITIS . I NEED TO DRAIN POUCH WITH CATHETER ANYWHERE FROM 3 – 10 TIMES A DAY. SOMETIMES IT ISN’T POSSIBLE TO INSERT CATH WHICH IS NERVE WRACKING. I AM TRYING TO AVOID OPERATION TO REMOVE POUCH SINCE THE INSTALL WENT SO BAD AND NEARLY BLED ME TO DEATH. GUESS I AM AN 8-10 PERCENTER.

Rocky says:

September 22nd, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Hmm iis anyone else experiencing probloems with the images on this blog loading?

I’m
    trying to find out if its a problem on mmy end oor if it’s
    the blog. Any
    feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

Karolin says:

July 9th, 2015 at 5:24 pm

We suggedst joining andd getting active in the Master Builders
    Association. The secret to getting good accounting outsourcing services is byy first of all checking out the track rcord of your servicce provider.
    Thee importance of the services oof a virtual
    controller or third party professionals for tax andd accounting ervices comes iin usxeful for the following easons during tthe start up process
    wnen a numbeer of actions are bein taken to create tthe foundation of a sucxessful
    business:.

best deerfield beach cpa says:

November 10th, 2015 at 5:37 pm

As yoou reap the rewards oof your hard work, you will find aall the time and effort you devoted
    in building annd developing yoyr accounting qualifications are
    finally paying-off. For most small non-farm businesses,
    the deductions are taken on a Schedule C (Profit or Loss From
    Business), or a Schedule C-EZ (for those with deductions of
    less than $5000). By becoming part of an accounting team, you will have the opportunity to get acquainted with how small businesses
    operate and also acquire practtical knowledge aout administrative
    accounting procedures and federal andd statutory requirements.

Fayegleeso.Buzznet.Com says:

January 15th, 2016 at 1:23 am

Jim Trippon CPA aand his team offer comprehensive personal aand business CPA services for clients near
    tthe Bunker Hill Village area. Those aree some off the important characteristics that you want too look for as you’re searchiing for a CPA.
    An accountant can prssent you with an accurate picture off your cash floww and places
    which ned attention, to ensure that you know wherre you cann focus
    your efforts.

health stories says:

June 2nd, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Fantastic website. A lot of helpful information here.
    I’m sending it to some buddies ans also sharing in delicious.
    And certainly, thank you in your effort!